Quinceneras (correct spelling quinceanera) are celebrations, rooted in the Latin American cultures, of a girl’s fifteenth birthday. To be more specific, they are a “coming of age” celebration, complete with a quince Mass followed by a rather large, lavish, wonderfully festive quinceanera party. Because this is such a rich cultural event in Mexico, more and more of these events are being held by Mexican-Americans in the Southwest states of Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico.
Again, the celebration consists of a Mass and a reception/party. We cannot help you with the quince Mass celebration, but we can certainly help you in obtaining an event venue for the party. We are Tarrant Events Center, serving the Greater Fort Worth/Tarrant County area. Call us for more information about our event hall rental, one of the best, if not the best, among many high-quality quinceanera venues in Tarrant County.
The reception consists of six parts in a traditional quinceanera event:
- The formal quince entry (grand entrance by the quinceanera once all guests have been seated
- The formal toast (initiated by the parents or godparents)
- The first dance (usually a waltz when the girl dances with her father or godfather)
- The family dance (immediate family members and close friends of the girl)
- The preferred song ( the favorite song of the girl)
- The general dance (all members of the reception party dance in the girl’s honor)
And then it’s time for presents and eating and drinking, more music, and a raucous, lively celebration as the young girl moves on into womanhood.
The first dance, in particular, is oftentimes practiced for weeks, or even months, in advance.
What features do good quinceanera venues have?
The bare minimum you should expect from an event space rental should be:
- Chairs and tables
- Various floor plans to choose from
- Topnotch audio and video equipment
- Several rooms
- Food preparation area/bartending area
- Ample parking
- Preferably an outdoor area to stretch legs
What you can expect from Tarrant Events Center
For every event we host, we offer the following:
- Tables and chairs (for between 50-300 people)
- Ten floor plans with more in the planning stage
- A moveable stage with cordless microphones
- Two VIP rooms separate from the main room
- A finishing kitchen
- Six large video monitors
- State-of-the-art audio system
- Ample parking
- Over one-acre of landscaped grounds
- Half-day and full-day rentals available
- Prices ranging from $850 to $2500, depending upon half-day or full-day, and the day of the week.
What we don’t do at our event space rental:
- We do not prepare foods
- We do not supply bartenders
- We do not take part in set-up or take-down
- We do not decorate
- We do not provide musicians
Now that’s a lot of things we don’t do, but there is a reason for it. We believe you are more than capable of arranging for food, drinks, decorations, and entertainment. In fact, you can obtain those things at a better price than we can, negotiating with each vendor for the best price possible. It is your dream. It is your vision. You are the best person to make that dream and that vision a reality, and you can do it for less money.
What we provide is the best event venue in Tarrant County, at a fair price, with a friendly staff, and we are betting our reputation on the fact that you will agree with us.
Call us today and arrange for a tour!